Thursday, September 9, 2010

I'm back!

Well, I disappeared for a little bit because I lost my login info! I tried like crazy to get into it a few weeks back but couldn't figure it out, and randomly decided to try again tonight so here I am!

For my promised update with going (sham)pooless... well, it didn't work for me and I'm back to using my old shampoo and loving the way my hair feels MUCH better with it! After struggling with just using water, and sometimes using vinegar I just couldn't get the grease out. So, that was my green experiment for the summer!

I have two main hobbies right now: photography, and jewelry making. I am discovering that both demand a great deal of my time and I can't decide which to go full steam ahead with, and which to put on the back burner. For now, I am kind of flip flopping between the two.

Kenny is STILL waiting to hear from the Army to schedule this last appointment so we can start making plans to move. The military really must love this waiting stuff!!

Well, this was really a rambly post, but I'm just excited I figured out how to get back on here!

If you are interested, check out the following flickr link to see some of my fav pics posted, and if you are bored check out my Etsy as well and give your two cents as to which you'd rather see me continue with. Not that I will make my decision of which hobby to seriously pursue based on people's opinions, but sometimes all it takes is one comment from a different perspective to help out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lalasphotography

2 comments:

Meg said...

hey lauren, i went no poo this summer too but I'm still at it.

the water/vinegar method didn't sound like it'd work for me at all so i went the route of looking for all natural based "shampoos" that were certified organic and were sulfate free. even despite looking in the section at the grocery store that was supposed to be SLS/sulfate free I found a LOT of products that still had some other kind of sulfate in them.

I did however find 2 (and only 2 =/ ) products at Target that fit the bill: Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 castile soaps (I'm in love with the peppermint and lavender scents) and the Giovanni hair care line. Dr. Bronner's is super cost efficient. It took me until just now to deplete a 2 oz bottle of the stuff and I started back in June (almost 3.5 months total). I just bought a 32 oz bottle for $15 that will probably last me over a year at the rate I use this stuff. The Giovanni line is more expensive: shampoo and conditioner ea. cost me $8/bottle(16 oz?).

My hair is crazy awesome now. I can go a week and a half without washing my hair (not even with water!) and it looks like I've maybe gone a day or two. No more dandruff of any kind, no breakage/split ends, losing less hair. Like I say, beyond awesome =)

I expected to find opposition in the No 'Poo community about using soaps on my hair, but castile soap has been around for centuries, people who could afford it had it and used it (if you're going for a historical purpose towards no 'poo) and the Giovanni line is all organic so it's not a traditional shampoo/conditioner system.

-Meg (MIG/WOL)

LaLa said...

Oooh!! Thanks so much for sharing, I'll have to check it out:) Sorry it took so long to reply. In between being sick a few days, and having my new camera lens come in I've been a bit scarce!

Post a Comment